Applied Sciences homework help. Unit 2 Assignment: Psychological Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards
For this week’s Assignment you will examine the APA Code of Ethics and the Ethical Principles of Psychologist and Code of Conduct articles. Review and select from one of the (4) ethical dilemmas listed below and summarize how this it is a violations to the APA ethics of best practices and discuss the specific codes of violation. Evaluate the ethical violations and address how these issues affect the validity of the assessment outcome with scholarly journal articles.
1.) A parent wants their child in a gifted/accelerated program, he/she offers the psychologist a payoff incentive to ensure that the scores exceed the selection criteria.
2.) The psychologist is bias in custody/divorce cases and offers preferential treatment in their court reports to one parent causing the court to select that parent for primary or sole custody.
3.) A psychologist lives in a rural area and often lacks funding to update the assessment tools used, most inventories are not culturally sensitive or were not developed/standardized/normed for the clients’ dominant language.
4.) A clinician often tests in unsuitable conditions by having clients that are not comfortable with technology or computer assessments, the examiner often conducts testing without breaks or reading the instructions, he/she allows untrained staff to administer tests, and testing rooms are unacceptable i.e. hot/cold/rooms or construction noise outside the building.
Write a 5-7 page essay incorporating the following elements based on your findings:
- Discuss the ethical case scenario and applicable qualities that relate to the APA ethical codes.
- Write your own critical review on the infractions and your analysis on how to address the problems noted.
- Take an affirmative position on whether or not these ethical challenges affect the validity of the case, and if there are additional test biases noted.
Along with the text, and the articles below, use a minimum of one scholarly article to support the issues with validity and outcome data The supporting articles should be accessible through the following Library links.
- 2010 Amendments to the 2002 “Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct.” (2010). American Psychologist, 65(5), 493. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0020168
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. (2002). American Psychologist, 57(12), 1060–1073. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.57.12.1060
- O’Donohue, W. T. (2016). Oppression, Privilege, Bias, Prejudice, and Stereotyping: Problems in the APA Code of Ethics. Ethics & Behavior, 26(7), 527–544. https://doi.org/10.1080/10508422.2015.1069191