Fourth week Assignments
- Module 4 Discussion (260 Words): Deadline:
Required Textbook : Boykin, A., Valentine, K., & Schoenhofer, S. (2013) Health care systems transformation for nursing and health care leaders: Implementing a culture of caring. New York: Springer.
Use APA style
Discuss transformational leadership as relates to the role of a nursing manager. Then read the article: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/771912, and discuss three behavioral changes you might adopt as a nursing leader.
- Module 4 Assignment (2000 Words essay):
– Use APA guidelines
– 4 or more scholarly citations
Readiness in Transforming Healthcare:
- Describe a recent change you experienced in your professional practice as an ER nurse at Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx
- Describe in detail three things that were successful and three things that were not successful.
- Include a discussion of why the successes worked and what could have been done to make the less successful actions effective.
Fifth week Assignment
- Required Textbook : Boykin, A., Valentine, K., & Schoenhofer, S. (2013) Health care systems transformation for nursing and health care leaders: Implementing a culture of caring. New York: Springer.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.)
- 1 page (250 words), use APA style
Discuss a recent unsuccessful change in healthcare that you have experienced.
Discuss how you would improve the outcome.
Discuss how you would use value-based healthcare delivery to influence a change behavior on a nursing unit.
B.Implementing changes: Your interview should be: 8 pages (2000 words), A
Four (4) or more scholarly citations
- Clearly mark each heading to identify the interviews and summaries.
- Follow the guidelines for APA writing style.
- APA guidelines for referencing in an interview.
Interview a Nursing Leader.
- Develop questions about the practice change process and how practice change was used to influence patient outcomes.
- Discuss how the outcome was chosen and what goals were intended by the practice change process.
- Include how success or failure was achieved and what metrics were developed or used to determine the outcome of the practice change.
- Include a discussion of the practice change process, what the Nursing Leader’s expectations were and if these expectations were met.
- Describe anything the Nursing Leader would have liked to done differently in implementing the change.