Week 6 Assignment 3 Submission
If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn iOS App, please click “View in Browser” Click the link above to submit your assignment. Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Healthcare Quality Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Assume that you are a Quality Officer who is responsible for one of the state’s largest healthcare organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased, and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to eight-page summary of your recommended initiatives.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your organization. 2. Determine the supporting factors that would aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your
organization without reducing quality of care for the patients. 3. Differentiate between quality in a free market healthcare system and in single payer
government system with three (3) examples for each. 4. Specify three (3) common law quality initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare
organizations. 5. Defend your position on the importance of healthcare quality for your organization. Provide
support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position. 6. Assemble a plan to protect patient information that complies with all legal requirements. 7. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the evolution of hospitals and sources of law. • Examine tort law and the criminal aspects of health care. • Analyze the impact of healthcare financing and health insurance on healthcare access, quality,
and cost. • Determine the factors that affect healthcare quality in healthcare organizations. • Examine information management and health care records and how the legal reporting
requirements impact health care. • Assess the legal implications of ethical decisions that impact consent for treatment, right-to-die,
and patient rights and responsibilities. • Use technology and information resources to research issues in healthcare policy, law, and
ethics. • Write clearly and concisely about healthcare policy and law using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric. WEEK 6