How do you connect the Newtonian culture to mechanical innovations that flourished the Industrial Revolution?
– What was the Newtonian Mechanical Tradition?
– What was the role of the Popularizers of Newtonian physics?
(Jacob, Margaret C., “The Scientific Revolution and the Industrial Revolution: The Cultural Origins of the First Industrial Revolution,” in: Marcus Hellyer (ed.), The Scientific Revolution: The Essential Readings (Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing, 2008), pp. 194-215.)
- Answer ALL sub-questions in the prompt.
- Your essay must be >600 -750> words.
- Try to keep a logical track in your explanations: Start with a short but clear reference to the background of the topic, then explain the topic as clear as you can, and finally, specify its importance/influence. In this final section, do not employ general expressions such as “the discovery of X had a profound influence on Y”, or “many fields in physics benefited from the invention of X”. You have to explicitly mention the results.