- Case 12, “Insider Trading at the Galleon Group,” beginning on page 517-524.
- Your answers should total one to two paragraphs for each question.
- Each paragraph should contain three to five complex sentences.
- Describe the events that led to the accusations of insider trading at Galleon.
- What could regulators, investors, and executives do to reduce the practices of information gathering described in this case?
- What are the implications of sharing confidential material information? How does this affect your decision to invest in the stock market?
- Do you believe the secret investigation and conviction of those in the Galleon network will deter other fund managers and investors from sharing non-public information? Why or why not?
- What lessons can be learned from the Galleon case?
- My book is Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making and Cases; 10th ed, by O.C. Ferrell, J. Fraedrich, and L. Ferrell, 2015.