Legal and Ethical Considerations in Nursing: Powerpoint.
Signature Assignment: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Nursing
Among various stakeholders, the registered nurse must incorporate legal and ethical theories and principles into practice. There is a need to evaluate the legal and ethical considerations that exist in healthcare today, to assess nursing’s role in health initiatives, and to find ways that we can help improve health and health outcomes. This presentation will help nurses recognize and respond to dilemmas within diverse health care settings and nursing roles. This presentation will provide an overview of regulatory action and the legislative and judicial processes, enabling nurses to become familiar with changes affecting the health care system such as patient rights, technological advances, and managed care.
This presentation will examine the role of the nurse as a health professional, advocate, and leader:
- Select five legal or ethical concepts that you feel influence nursing practice.
- Explain the selected concepts regarding both the impact on agency viability and quality patient care.
- Review the selected concepts and strategically analyze for priorities, challenges, and issues from a legal and ethical perspective.
- Identify instances of actions taken by an agency or provider that would or could violate the ethical duties and responsibilities of the health care providers or the rights of patients.
- Develop a policy proposal, measures, and recommendations for prevention of legal and ethical violations.
- Detail how nursing could intervene or advocate to incorporate legal and ethical theories and principles more effectively into practice.
This PowerPoint® (Microsoft Office) or Impress® (Open Office) presentation should be a minimum of 20 slides, including a title, introduction, conclusion and reference slide, with detailed speaker notes and recorded audio comments for all content slides. Use at least four scholarly sources and make certain to review the module’s Signature Assignment Rubric before starting your presentation. This presentation is worth 400 points for quality content and presentation.