I will be posting 4 different assignments to write about. EACH!!! a minimum of 500 words!!! Each! I need to know where you get your answers CITED!
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Immigration in Texas,” and write an essay that addresses the following questions:
- How is the population changing in Texas?
- What are some of the possible political implications of the changing population in Texas?
- After reading the “You Decide” passage, do you agree with Dan Patrick or Julian Castro? Should undocumented immigrants be given a pathway to citizenship or be sent back to their country of origin?
- What are the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to both the U.S. and Texas economies? Consider how illegal immigrants have positively or negatively affected the economy.
- Do you believe compromise is possible on immigration? Are the only two options deportations and amnesty? Is there a third option?
- What role should the state of Texas play in the immigration policy?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Voter Identification Laws,” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- What are some of the historical and contemporary barriers to voting?
- What accounts for the low level of participation in Texas?
- What are the arguments for and against voter identification laws? Should a student ID be an acceptable form of identification for voting?
- What can be done to increase voter participation in the short term? In the long term?
- Do you think lawmakers and election officials in Texas are open to adopting methods to increase turnout? Why or why not?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: What to Do with a Budget Surplus” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- Do you think that sales and use taxes are a fair way for the state to generate revenue? Why or why not?
- How should policy makers deal with a projected budgetary surplus? Should taxes be cut or spending increased?
- In the case of a budget surplus, what arguments would you make to the legislature to increase spending? Where would you increase spending? Why?
- In the case of a budget deficit, what areas would you target for cuts? Why?
- Under what circumstances should the legislature tap into the Rainy Day Fund?
- Why did the Texas Legislature give up the ability to set tuition at state universities and how has this decision impacted you?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Abortion Policy in Texas,” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- How does Texas compare to other states with regards to providing services for poor citizens?
- What is the age and race/ethnicity breakdown of the uninsured in Texas?
- What programs are used to provide coverage to the uninsured? How are those programs funded?
- What steps has Texas taken to influence abortion rates in the state?
- Does Texas’ sonogram law violate free speech for the physician? For the patient?
- Should the state pass laws mandating what information physicians share with our parents