You should spend approximately 2 hours on this assignment.
- Think: Reflect on the semester.
- Consider the research and writing process you started this class with, and then think about how that process has grown or changed throughout the semester.
- Think through the essential questions you engaged in throughout the semester:
- How do I understand the many perspectives in the conversations in my world?
- How do I find my own voice in those conversations?
- How can I research effectively so my voice in these conversations is informed and credible?
- Then, think through the questions in Pappas’ Taxonomy of Learning:
- Remembering: What did I do?
- Understanding: What was important about it?
- Applying: Where could I use this again?
- Analyzing: Do I see any patterns in what I did?
- Evaluating: How well did I do?
- Creating: What should I do next?
- Write: Use your answers to these questions to write a reflection about yourself and your writing/research process this semester. Specifically, consider where you started, where you expected to end up, and where you will take this information and learning next. Your reflection should be 2-3well-developed paragraphs.
- Post one original post, and reply to at least two of your classmates. In your replies to peers, comment on what you have in common or what is different in your reflections. Ask one another questions about your differences. Try to further the discussion in your replies by asking thoughtful questions, adding interesting information, or connecting your reply to the material we are discussing.
- Don’t forget that your initial posting is due by the date listed in the Course Schedule. Please post over several days. Points will be lost if you post on only one day of the module.
See the Course Schedule and Course Rubrics sections in the Syllabus module for due dates and grading information. See the Grading and Evaluation section in the Syllabus module for general discussion expectations.