Review the two cases. Based on the information you learned from your assigned weekly readings from your textbook, respond to the following:
- Which of the persons may be more prone to a mood disorder? Apply the most current DSM criteria.
- What else would you need to know to diagnose a mood disorder? Apply the most current DSM criteria.
- What are the primary causal factors of mood disorders?
- If either of the persons were to be treated for a disorder, what are some of the treatment strategy risks or consequences?
- Does the given life stage (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old age) of the person impact your understanding of the causal factors or treatment strategy?
Write your initial response in 2–3 paragraphs. If you refer to research information, cite sources applying APA standards.